PREGNANCY AND POSTPARTUM FOLLOW-UP
During pregnancy and after childbirth, a woman’s body undergoes many rapid and significant changes. Osteopathy contributes to the preparation of the body for childbirth and offers care before, during and after to ensure the well-being and flexibility of the pelvis and spine, as well as the improvement of breathing.
In follow-up after childbirth, osteopathy facilitates recovery, especially if there has been caesarean section surgery or labor has been long and difficult, if there has been use of forceps or cupping, significant tissue damage to the pelvic floor, or presence of various symptoms following the epidural. The osteopath can help to:
- Strengthening of the pelvic floor, turning the baby, false contractions, shortness of breath, gastric reflux, constipation, edema in the lower extremities;
- Pelvis/coccyx/symphysis pubic pain during and after pregnancy, pelvic girdle instability;
- Hormonal problems: thyroid, carpal tunnel, gestational diabetes;
- Spinal pain related to the epidural: hard-merian tensions, headache, migraine, neck pain, low back pain;
- Problems related to a difficult delivery, use of forceps / suction cup.
*Postpartum follow-up : Caesarean section scar and pelvic floor, urinary leakage, persistent digestion problems, pelvic floor strengthening, diastasis of the rectus rectus of the abdomen, pain related to breastfeeding posture or shell wearing.
*Gynecological problems : Menstrual disorders, pain during sexual intercourse, weakness of the pelvic floor, urinary leakage, bladder/uterus/rectum descent, testicular or genital pain post-vasectomy (note that we do not do any internal techniques). Post-surgery follow-up umbilical or inguinal hernia, hysterectomy, uterine fibroid, ovarian cyst.
Make an appointment online for a consultation to begin your health journey.