TREATMENT OF Bursitis
Bursitis causes inflammation of the bursa, a pouch filled with synovial fluid that allows muscles, tendons and ligaments to slide against the bones. In the event of an accident, bursitis can affect the shoulder, hip, knee and elbows. It is notable that bursitis may be due to irritation, surgery or overload of the affected limbs.
What are the signs and symptoms that make it possible to recognize bursitis?
It should be noted that symptoms vary depending on the inflammation, but here are the signs:
- A sensation of pain in the joint when making a movement;
- A feeling of warmth;
- Redness or swelling
What causes bursitis?
Unusual repetitive movements can be the cause of bursitis, which forms a deformity of the tendon. On the one hand, trauma occurring after a fall or a prolonged support position can also be the cause of bursitis. This can be at the level of the shoulder or knees for example. However, after surgery, it is possible that the inflamed area leads to bursitis.
How are the forms of bursitis?
The forms of bursitis can be distinguished by:
- Acute bursitis: it can develop in a few hours or even days. The causes are multiple which can be shock, unusual movement or inflammation of the joints. With each movement, you will feel an uncomfortable pain and besides, the color of the skin is often red and swollen. Acute bursitis can also be due to gout, which is especially painful.
- Chronic bursitis: comes from several events, acute bursitis or repeated trauma. As a result, the part will be swollen and causes pain for a few months, which leads to limiting movement. When this is the case, muscle wasting or sarcopenia occurs and yet, it is often complex. In addition, a relapse can occur most of the time.
What type of person can have bursitis?
There is no particular type of person, bursitis can affect each individual and especially, people who practice intense physical activity. Moreover, we must not forget that repeated movements are often the causes of bursitis.
What are the preventions of bursitis?
The first prevention is to avoid stressing your mechanical system so that the trauma to the joints is not important. As for knees, knee pads and knee supports are highly recommended when you practice a sports activity. On the shoulder side, limit movements that consist of raising the arms for too long, as this can cause irritation. For this, it is necessary to use platforms or make sure that the level is normal.
In addition, here is a list of preventions to consider:
- Take a break for each exercise repeatedly;
- Use a support to protect the muscles of the joint in case of intense movements;
- Use a cushion or elbow pads;
- Widen the surface to pick up tools with gloves or use non-slip tape;
- Use both hands when lifting loaded tools.
When you plan to resume physical movements, make an appointment with a doctor for advice if you have ever had bursitis or tendonitis.
Can a physiotherapy session help?
Indeed, a physiotherapy session can help you treat bursitis and with the help of Physio+ Hamel professionals, several techniques are proposed. There are therapeutic exercises, annual therapy, taping or radial shock waves. In fact, no matter where the inflammation of the dung is located, the team will know exactly how to heal.
Make an appointment online for a consultation to begin your health journey.